Hello My Name Is...
Welcome to Second Grade!
Welcome to the second grade at Albion Elementary School. My name is Mr. Robinson and I am the second grade teacher. This is my second year teaching second grade here, so it will be an exciting experience for all of us. Previously I taught in the Lewiston Public Schools, Scarborough Public School, and Falmouth Public Schools. My family (3 boys) and I live in New Gloucester with our dogs and cat. For fun we go apple picking, attend the theater, dine out, and travel.
This year my students will become mathematicians, scientists, authors, historians, spelling bee champions, and junior chefs (since Mr. Robinson is also an Executive Chef). Second grade is an extremely important year for learning. For example, last year your children were “learning to read” and this year they are “reading to learn.” In math your child will be able to add and subtract multiple digits and will learn to tell time.
Monday - Music
Tuesday - Library
Wednesday - Book Buddies with 4th Grade
Thursday - Thrilling Thursday
Friday - Art, Physical Education, and Computer Class
Reading - Students are learning how to make connections in their reading.
Grammar - Students are learning about commas.
Spelling & Phonics - Students are learning "ed" & "ing" endings.
Writing - Students are learning about informational writing.
Math - Students are learning to measure with a variety types of methods.
Science - Students are learning about planting and pollination.
Social Studies - Students are learning about the working community.
1. L.C. Bates Museum - Habitats & Erosion (April 26th)
Chaperons: Shawna & Big Andrew
2. Longfellow Greenhouse - Planting (April 27th)
Chaperons: Shawna & Grammy Heald
3. Maine General Hospital in Augusta - Community (March 16th)
4. NorthEast Livestock Exposition in Windsor - Community (May 19th)
5. Old Fort Western - Dame School & Bartering for Chocolate (May 10th)
Chaperons: Shawna &
6. Waterville Opera House - "The Princess and the Pea" (October)
7. Cole Museum - Cole Grant Gathering (May 30th)
* Mr. Robinson needs chaperons for the Old Fort Western field trip
** Parents may follow bus to the NorthEast Livestock Exposition
We order books every other month.
Month Due Date
To place an order online:
- Go to scholastic.com/readingclub
- Enter our Class Activation Code. (N4G9X)
- Shop and submit your child's book order.
- Your books will be delivered directly to the classroom.
- If any items are for a gift, please let Mr. Robinson know.
Student of the Month:
October - Bryn Veilleux Positivity
November - Gabe Donnell Bravery
December - Jazmin Ellis Table Manners
January - Taylor Hatt Tolerance
February - Michalea Phillips Citizenship
March - Andrew Kingsbury Asking For Help
April - Emma Heald Civility
May - Smiles
Save the Date:
17-21 - Spring Vacation No School
26 - LC Bates Museum Erosion & Animal Habitats
27 - Longfellow Greenhouse Planting
10 - Fort Western Schooling & Making Chocolate
10 - PTA Meeting Library 3pm
12 - Mother's Day Bazaar 8 - 11am
19 - Northeast Livestock Expo Windsor, ME
29 - Memorial Day No School
30 - Cole Museum Bangor, ME
7 - PTA Meeting Library 3pm
9 - Field Day/BBQ Details to come
20 - Last Day of School Enjoy your summer!